Imation Introduces the Nexsan™ Fibre Channel Hybrid Storage Appliance, Purpose-Built for Media and Entertainment and Data Protection Workloads
The NST2000 delivers next-generation hybrid caching technology to mid-sized organizations, fulfilling changing application and storage needs with new levels of performance, scalability and efficiency
The NST2000 delivers a powerful yet simple to deploy and manage hybrid storage solution using the latest high-performance technologies, and provides the scalability and flexibility to meet the needs of organizations that continue to rapidly add new applications to their environments. With an intelligent hybrid caching layer, NST2000 is optimized for mixed application workloads, media and entertainment workflows and data protection strategies. NST2000 also is ideal for organizations looking to strategically move toward hybrid storage and take advantage of the new levels of performance, availability and reliability it can deliver.
“Customers rely on Chesapeake Systems for our specialization in media,
entertainment and broadcast workflows. As the industry moves toward more
heterogeneous environments, it’s critical for hybrid storage options to
be accessible to operations of all sizes,” said
"Hybrid storage solutions could really revolutionize how video teams get
their work done," said
As with all of the hybrid storage systems in the NST product family, NST2000 has a standard all-inclusive software licensing model which includes features such as:
- Unified Fibre Channel Support – NST2000 expands the Nexsan NST family’s unified block and file sharing capabilities by adding Fibre Channel connectivity for those small and medium-sized organizations that prefer it for their applications. This gives organizations the ability to take advantage of the benefits of NST’s hybrid storage using a full range of unified storage protocols, including iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, FTP and now Fibre Channel.
- Capacity Scalability –NST2000 capacities start at 13TB and can scale up to 168TB and 2TB FASTier™ cache, delivering much more flexibility to IT administrators.
- Intelligent Hybrid Caching – The NST2000 combines Imation’s intelligent caching algorithms with solid-state disks (SSD’s) and the latest processor technology to provide blazing fast performance for business critical applications.
- Enhanced Data Reduction – The NST2000 delivers faster and smarter inline compression. Compressible data can be processed 50 percent faster than with preceding NST arrays, and intelligence removes the penalty of trying to act upon noncompressible data.
“With the introduction of the NST2000, organizations have an entirely
new set of options for storing, managing and protecting the high-value
data they create in situations like digital asset management in media
and entertainment workflows,” said
"The new NST2000 is just the latest proof point that
Imation’s Nexsan NST™ is a set of flexible hybrid storage appliances that scale to meet mid-sized organization application and storage needs with unified NAS and SAN access capabilities in a single solution. Other product lines in Imation’s deep Nexsan portfolio of purpose-built storage solutions are:
- Imation’s Nexsan E-Series™ is a family of high-density, high-performance and highly reliable storage solutions that can be directly attached or networked to workstations and servers.
- Imation’s Nexsan Assureon™ is a set of secure storage solutions that reduce storage cost by offloading and deduplicating data from primary storage that is infrequently used or has aged by policy.
For more information on Imation’s Nexsan storage solutions, visit www.imation.com/en/nexsan.
Follow @Nexsan on Twitter.
For Imation Corp.
Jason Sprenger, 612-327-1886